What about our communication technology for Agriocom products?
Every monitoring and controlling device will have LoRa module programmed for sending data to web server. Upon availability of NB-IoT from 4G/LTE providers, new version of devices will be released with built-in NB-IoT module. It will have the same protocol and replacement from LoRa to NB-IoT will be completely seamless.
What is NB-IoT?
Narrowband-IoT (NB-IoT) is a new standard connecting internet of things projects.
NB-IoT focuses specifically on indoor coverage, low cost, long battery life, and enabling a large number of connected devices. Narrowband IoT (NB-IoT) not only offers enterprise-grade technical specifications, but is also the practical choice for carriers, device manufacturers and ultimately enterprise users.
What are advantages of NB-IoT?
- Licensed spectrum quality of service can be assured
- Networks NB-IoT uses existing 4G/LTE networks infrastructure
- Open standard minimizes the risk of technology becoming redundant
- Industry support wide range of service providers and manufacturers
- Low cost Every device will have NB-IoT in the future, providing billions of connections.Providers will target turn-over, not price per connection.
Who is behind NB-IoT?
Biggest players are Vodafone and Huawei
When it will be deployed?
Most of GSM networks will have it by 2019 – 2020
What is the biggest advantage of NB-IoT compare to LORA?
LoRa needs 1-2 routers for every 5-10 Km area to forward data from IoT end devices to web server. For NB-IoT no infrastructure needed at all. Devices connect directly to the nearest GSM tower.
Will it be as reliable as GSM 2/3/4G
NB-IOT has better coverage gains by 20 dB compared to GSM. It will be more reliable